Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Modern 'Annoyances'


Electric toothbrushes. I finally decided to give it a try. Don't like it. It has a sensor
mechanism that detects pressure. If it senses you are applying too much pressure,
it stops. Either the thing is defective or I have been applying too much pressure all
my life. I'll have to have a chat with my dentist.

Cell phones. Imagine my surprise to discover 12 voicemails on the cell phone. [Not
really surprised.] What's the deal with calling the thing in the first place, if I have
forewarned about it being only for emergency use. It's either off or silenced at
the bottom of my bag. Come on now...
Things I hate:
-Cell phones ringing in theatres. Didn't you see the request to turn it off before the
movie began? And then you have the gall to answer it!
-Cell phones ringing in church. That is just plain wrong. God should give you a call.
-Cell phones on public transportation. It is public so I can't stop you, but
do you have to scream into it?