Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Entertainment Weekly #737 Nov. 14, 2003


My friend let me borrow this magazine. Here are the things I want to read or see.

Reads
Gabrial Garcia Marquez's Living to Tell the Tale or Vivir para contarla.
Have to decide if I want to read it fast (English) or if I don't mind it taking a bit longer (Spanish).

Wendy French's sMothering
Fun chick literature genre.

Mitch Albom's The Five People You Meet in Heaven
Tuesdays with Morrie need I say more?

Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code
Someone said the origins of Friday the 13th was explained in this book.

Michael Moore's Dude, Where's My Country
Who by the way has decided to endorse Wesley Clark for President.

Movies
The following are recommendations courtesy of Stephen King, who wrote,
"...here's a list of good films I've seen during the last 15 years."
[The additional comments are my own to refresh my own memory.]

The Usual Suspects
I believe this film is worthy of ownership. One of the few I've seen more than once.

Fargo
Have this in my rental queue.

There's Something About Mary
Seen it, was not crazy about it.

Sling Blade
I saw this a lifetime ago and remember it was powerful, but not much else.
Time to rent it.

Frequency
Saw it, can't remember if I liked it.

The Matrix
Maybe worthy of ownership.

Stir of Echoes
?

American Beauty
Kevin Spacey is one of my favorite actors.

Wonder Boys
Liked it.

The Sixth Sense
Loved it. Ownership worthy.

High Fidelity
Didn't like it.

L.I.E.
?

In the Bedroom
It was okay.

Cinema Paradiso
Recently saw it. Great movie.

Iris
?

Mystic River
Looks too depressing, but I'll plan to watch it.