Sunday, February 08, 2004

Books and Music


Bookstores are one of my favorite places. I can spend hours there. HOURS. They work
against my budget though. There was a time when I would go to a bookstore just
to see what was new, and I'd walk out with a lot of books and a lot less money.
I've disciplined myself to not buy books on a whim anymore. It's hard not to.

This trip had a purpose: Guitar for Dummies. My friend gave me a guitar a
few months ago. Out of the blue, I get a guitar. It was such a great surprise.
Holidays came, work became extremely busy and there was no time. I've decided to
make the time. Now I need to either enroll in music school or hire a private teacher.
I can't even tune the damn thing, the last string does not register on the handy-dandy
tuner I bought.

The latest CDs to join my collection are:
Alicia Keys' The Diary of Alicia Keys
No Doubt's The Singles 1992-2003
Sting's Sacred Love