Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Rain


My friends in other states make fun of us Californians, because we can't drive in
the rain. When I lived in L.A. I knew it to be true. San Francisco is not much
better.

I'm guilty. I hate driving in the rain. I can't see the lanes clearly when it is raining.

All the news begins with "STORM WATCH," like it's the end of the world or
something close to it. It is pretty ridiculous.

I've seen and driven in 'real' rain. It was out in the midwest. The rain was such
that I could not see the car in front of me, all the roads were flooded and the
lightning illuminated the night sky. My car started to hydroplane. That sense of
no control was the scariest driving experience until...
I drove in snow and those lousy black ice patches. When my car performed a
donut, that was the worst.

Thank goodness I live here instead of there.