Monday, February 23, 2004

Family


Family is the greatest. I'm pretty lucky in that department. I'm not saying we
are perfect, but we love each other and fortunately like each other too. I've known
people who could not stand their family. I keep telling myself they did not mean to
use the word 'hate.'

The thing about not seeing my parents often is that when I do get the opportunity
to spend time with them I notice how they have aged. They need reading glasses,
a few times I have to repeat myself because they did not quite hear what I said.
Gray hair along with aches and pains, stubbornness (their ways have set). I love my
viejitos. It starts my internal dialogue which says I should live closer to my
parents.

My brother and I don't have the closest of sibling relationships. Our interests are so
different. He is the outgoing one. We got into an argument over his diabetes.
He was recently diagnosed and is not taking care of himself.
We bonded by playing Xbox games. Damn! The history of my gaming is as follows:
Atari's PONG, Pac Man, Nintendo's Duckhunt, Legend of Zelda and Tetris. When we
were done, I was considering getting my own Xbox...the last thing I need.
(It is not so difficult to understand the 'addiction' my fellow computer science
classmates and some now thiry-something year old friends (all male by the way) have
with games.)