Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Insomnia


2004 has brought the onset of insomnia. It wouldn't be so bad if I could make up the
sleep the next day with a late morning/naps or even catching up on sleep over the weekend,
but that is not the case.
It is taking its toll on my energy levels. Tuesday crept by, excluding the pistachio gelato
and window-shopping break. I'm bordering on the non-productive line.

Maybe I'll try meditation or something. For now listening to music and reading keeps me
from going somewhat insane. Speaking of music, some new titles have joined my collection:
-Norah Jones' feels like home
-Mariza's Fado Curvo [I bought this in preparation for the April concert.]
-Tribalistas (a.k.a. Arnaldo Antunes, Carlinhos Brown and Marisa Monte)
Artists from my heyday seem to have relatively new CDs out, e.g., 10,000 Maniacs, The Cure,
Natalie Merchant, Sarah McLachlan...

My friend invited me to a Rod Stewart concert...in Los Angeles. I was probably her last
option. hahaha I have no desire to go see Rod Stewart in concert let alone fly or drive to
L.A. If it was closer to her birthday, I'd consider it. Thank goodness her birthday is exactly 9
months away.

Apartment hunting, mostly online, is going ever so slowly. I don't know where I want to live.
The more I think about San Francisco, the more I realize I like being away from the hustle and
bustle of the city. I have to give this whole thing some serious thought considering I'd have
to sign a one year lease; most importantly no loud neighbors and no kids without manners.